Friday, November 7, 2008

Hope.

This is amazing.

I wish I could show this video to the kids at my treatment center.
   Sometimes they feel like failures and there is no point to life. I was discussing this tonight when a girl was just feeling as though there is literally no hope for herself. I told her that I used to feel as though life was pointless when I was a young teen. I told her that it's hard to see into the future and see that you CAN improve. I asked her if she could imagine me with depression, sleeping all day, not going out and not wanting to ever be happy. She told me she couldn't imagine that of me. I told her just as much as I have changed, she can too....

"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do."
-- Pope John XXIII.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell B hi!