

I haven't written a blog in a while but I did want you to meet a VERY special boy.... Sam.
First let me start with the beginning.... This past summer I spent a few weeks on the island of Oahu (see previous blog) with teens and counselors on a high adventure. That's when I met SarahJane... she's the type of girl you meet and instantly become friends. We shared common humor, randomness and even a sleeping bag. She slept above me in a bunk bed and with each groan in the morning..... we were friends. One day, she mentioned to me that I was really funny and I reminded her of her brother, Sam. She mentioned he got off his mission and that I should meet him. At the time I didn't think much of it and just said "Sure".
Skipping ahead through time, I had been dating a few people but wasn't really feeling that "spark" with anyone. I mentioned to SarahJane that maybe I should meet her brother.... She gave him my number and.... he called! We set a double date up.... except....later I had to cancel.... another guy I had been dating wanted to reschedule our date for the same night.... after a TERRIBLE decision on my part.... I canceled on Sam.
Luckily for me, Sam doesn't give up easily! He called just a few days later to set up another date, November 13th. As I waited for my date with Sam... I MAY have sent my roommate to his work to check him out. Haha.
Our first date, he picked me up from my house and took me to SugarHouse BBQ Restaurant.... then I just knew he was someone special! If you know me, I LOVE BBQ! Afterwards, he took me to the Gateway to get AMAZING cookies and we ended up watching a movie. Things went well, no awkward moments. But the best part about Sam is that he doesn't play games. He called me just 2 days later to set up another date. I love that! He wears his heart on his sleeve.
I could talk for hours about us but in the end, only a few weeks later of getting to know eachother we realized we really are absolutely perfect for each other! No games, no difficulty.... just LOTS of laughing, smiles and joy. So I'm happy to call Sam my boyfriend.
Fun facts:
Sam is:
Age: 22
Height: 6'3"
From Salt Lake City
Played football at Skyline High, got a scholarship to play at Southern Utah University as a Lineman
Served a mission in Peru
Currently attending University of Utah and studying Biology
Oh, and did I mention he's dreamy?? :)
1 comment:
Such a fun story!! It definitely comes when you least expect it.
Post a Comment