Tuesday, December 9, 2008

::Deep Breath::

i had a day from Hades today...

First of all, I only got 3 hours of sleep due to planning my lessons that I taught today...
(by the way, which was REALLY stressful cause I had little direction/expectations so I felt like I, quite literally, wanted to cry planning it.. Erinn can attest to this...)

Woke up at 6:30 am to rush out the door to West High...
I taught a lesson on Pearl Harbor 1st period.....
at the same time, my supervisor came to watch me teach to evaluate and grade me.... :S

then...
I had 1 hour to plan more thoroughly my lesson for 3rd period on The Civil War battles...
(which by the way was extremely stressful because I had little background knowledge of the Battle of Bull Run and Antietam and I had to freaking teach it...)
......
I ran home to write a 6 page paper for another class and had 2 hours to do so....

Finished it with 15 mins to spare...

I took that 15 minutes and took a nap...flat on the living room floor surrounded by papers and books (Brooke can attest to this)....

I woke up then ran to my next night class to take my final....
(surprisingly got an A on)

It was really stressful but I am really think my prayer came through. I prayed I could make it through the day and do decently.... well.... I'm thankful I did much better than I think I was really capable of.... I feel like I got some serious help. :)

I think the highlight of my day was when I joined in a hacky sac game with some teenagers at West High. I picked it up pretty quickly even though I haven't played since high school...... I ended up teaching them a new trick and they were like....
"Woaaa!!! That's awesome!"- Boys
"You haven't seen that trick before?" - Me
"No...it must be an old trick"- Boys
"For Rude! I'm not even that much older! I'm done playing with you guys!"- Me

::Deep breath:: time to relax.... until tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that made me stressed just reading it Tub!! lol :0)