Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer... I've missed you so!




It's almost here. I feel like a child waiting for Santa! But it's not just Santa... It's Santa flying by the tooth fairy while carrying the Easter Bunny...... Yes... my 1st year of teaching is coming to an END!

I love my students, don't get me wrong. They are hilarious and fun and amazing. But.... I need a break. A big one! I will only get about 2 weeks until it's back to teenagers with me... but way more fun!

June 18th I leave to Laie, Hawaii! I will be going as a Counselor for the Journey Foundation. The foundation is a non-profit organization directed to helping teenagers learn leadership skills. There are 3 programs, Camp Wild (Idaho), National Treasure (East Coast) and Journey Hawaii. Due to the low economy, we will only be doing Hawaii. Jason will be my co-counselor and partner in crime. We are deciding whether to be team Red or team White.. hmm....
Journey Foundation: http://www.journeyfoundation.com/journeyhawaii

What fun activities will we be doing you ask?! Here is what's in store!
-Snorkeling
-Kayaking
-Rain forest trekking
-Surfing
-Horseback riding
-Castle Building contest
-Luau BBQ
-Talent Show
And much more!

Immediately after Hawaii, I will be a counselor for EFY (Especially for Youth) in Provo. An LDS based camp helping youth come closer to Christ. Oh my gosh, I'm SOOO excited! I have wanted to do this for YEARS! I went through training, I just need to plan my devotionals. I will do that for 2 weeks! Yipee! Stay tuned for pictures and etc.

1 comment:

robyn said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! i'm so so so so excited for you tub!!! that's amazing. take me with you - you are going to be the best counselor. i'm sorry we haven't talked in so long - let's catch up for real this week okay?