Thursday, July 7, 2011

Planning...the biggest pain in my rear.

Oh my goodness! How busy life has been!
I thought summers for teachers were supposed to be relaxing.... not even close!
I've been so stressed about wedding plans, being torn from different angles of what people need to know and I even got a migraine the other day. That's only the 2nd in my lifetime.
Among all of the stress and chaos.....there are a few things I DO know!:

#1 My Photographer: I came across a beautiful picture on a wedding blog and I loved the colors and the lighting so much I had to find out who it was. Her name is Anjuli and she is stationed in San Diego. "Great!!" I thought! After MUCH communication and her willingness to wait a VERY long time for a contract... she's mine for the day! (And for engagements THIS month! Ahh!) (See her blog here: http://photographsbyanjuli.com/blog

#2 My Dress: It was a toss up between two actually. But both looked so amazing! (This wont be revealed till the wedding!)

#3 The Reception Location: After DAYS of driving all of Orange County, it was finally picked. It was a toss up between beach or greenery. Although I've always considered myself a beach bum and I absolutely LOVE the ocean, The Balboa Bay Club wasn't for me. There were too many yachts in the way of seeing anything. Not worth it. My heart kept going back to the Tustin Ranch Golf Club. Although I am not a golfer, on site it's just soo green surrounded by beautiful ponds and lakes. And I love the reception room lined with large windows. I never wanted the "hotel" look and this is FAR from it! (See here: http://www.tustinranchgolf.com/sites/courses/layout.asp?id=525&page=27059

#4: My colors: It was hard to decide. But from the beginning, Sam and I both like the different shades of blue with a brillant tangerine as an accent. Little did I know that it's extremely hard to choose blue! There are SO many shades. "Aqua blue" looks different on everything although it might all be called "Aqua Blue" on everything! (I'm actually still trying to work on the right blues!) See below



#5. Our DJ: At first I considered doing the usual "friend with an iPod" type thing. But my dad and Sandy insisted there be a more directive and charismatic type DJ. Sandy had been to a really unique wedding DJ for 6 weddings. After talking with this DJ he sadly said he doesn't do weddings anymore... in fact, he TRAINS DJs how to do weddings now. He referred Matt to me. Matt, from Joyful Noise, adds so much fun to weddings! He does introductions of bridal parties, grand entrances, and best of all, he tells the guests the story of how the couple met. I'm very excited to have him make the night unique and a blast!

Most importantly, I know Sam and I are getting married in the Newport Beach Temple for time and all eternity on October 8th at noon. I know without a doubt he is the man for me... in fact, in contrast to all men I've been with... I've never doubted for a second that he wasn't perfect for me. He has a wonderful gift to always make me happy and bursting into laughter! When I'm stressed with planning and busy making decisions, I just remember that covenant I will make, and I smile again.

1 comment: