Friday, May 13, 2011

The Day Has Come!

It happened. It FINALLY happened!
The love of my life asked my hand in marriage!

Growing up I always imagined what would it be like or feel like when I see a man on one knee in front of me with a sparkly ring in a box. The best way to describe it is: surreal.

I came home from school yesterday and I went into my room. The first thing I noticed was my bed was made. What? MY bed? Made? I also noticed my floor was totally clean. Then I saw it, a beautiful full rose lying on my bed with a letter in an envelope entitled "Christy"


I opened it. The letter said many things about how Sam appreciates me and he wanted to do something nice for me. But at the end it said: "I want to show you my gratitude by taking you out for a nice dinner for two love birds tonight. So pick out your favorite outfit and I will pick you up at 7:15"

At that moment I thought "Is he proposing tonight!?" Because we had talked about being engaged sometime in the near future. I got ready, curled my hair and he was at my door at 7:15 on the dot. He looked so handsome with his colored light blue shirt that matched his eyes

We first headed to a nearby park to walk around and laugh at the little kids playing a baseball game. It was a GORGEOUS day! It was hard NOT to be outside. Afterwards, he took me to the very same restaurant we had our first date at: Sugarhouse Barbeque. It was soo good and there was a live bluegrass band playing. Very fun! I was sooo full after ribs and all the sides.

We began driving home until he said "We need to stop by my grandma's house. She is out of town and I need to feed her cat". I thought to myself "Umm I don't think she has a cat, but okay" Her house lies on the side of the mountain up in Salt Lake. It overlooks ALL of Salt Lake Valley so I like being there. We arrived and he said "The cat food is on the balcony".... again... weird.

When I went outside I noticed TONS of sparkly Christmas lights all tangled around the balcony beams. It was beautiful! There was a swinging bench full of blankets. His computer was playing some of our favorite songs on loud speakers. 2 dozen red full roses in a vase next to the bench and he brought out my FAVORITE cookies (from Bear Country Cookies), a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries and two bowls of ice cream. Oh... did I mention it was right at sunset?!


It was wonderful! My jaw dropped! We cuddled on the bench as we ate dessert and looked out over the view. He later took the bowls away and our song came on "Hold you in my arms" by Ray LaMontagne. He took my hand and we began to dance. I felt like I was in a movie. I noticed his body was starting to shake pretty bad.... and it wasn't even very cold out.I also noticed he started to breathe really heavy. Uh oh!

After the song, he took both of my hands and began to tell me how much he loves me and being with me. He told me the promises he vows to do for the rest of our lives. Finally, he got down on one knee and he held up a sparkling little box and finally said those few special words...

"Christina Louise Raczka.... Will you marry me?"

I held my mouth in shock and joy and nodded as I said "Yes!!" We hugged and both cried. More hugs, kisses and cried. It was a feeling of pure bliss and... surreal! I turned towards the big view and yelled "WOOO-HOOO!!!!!!"




8 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Love the story! Love the proposal! Woohoo!!!

00000205 said...

We dreamed of this day when we were in Laurels together, and now all your dreams are coming true!
Hugs of love to my dear sweet Tub. Colleen Williams

Melanie said...

I am in tears! You tell the story sooooo much better than Sam did. What a guy. I'm super impressed. And so, so excited! And yes, my grandma does have a cat so it wasn't a total lie. :)

Whitney Parry said...

Congrats again!! WE are so happy for you! You two are darling! PS-- I'm adding your blog to my list. Hope you don't mind. I love keeping in touch with blogs-- ours is whitneywatson.blogspot.com. Good luck with the wedding planning!

The Millers said...

i am in tears!! cutest thing ever! seriously. so happy for the both of you!

Christy Tub said...

Awww you are all so sweet. Sarahjane did you mean to copy Melanie? Haha Because apparently the Walton girls are quite tearful! :)

robyn said...

i'm soooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!! i love you! (nice touch with the twinkle lights sam!) i'll call you soon okay?

Megistentialism said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe I am just now reading this! I am SO thrilled for you! You deserve the absolute best husband in the world and this proposal shows he is definitely on the right track to being just that :) I am so very happy for you! Love you!