Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recap






I haven't written in a while. Meh. So far I've been having a fun summer considering I've been working a lot. I went to the Zoo with Erinn, Ben and Chris a couple weeks ago. Also, been swimming a little bit.
Last weekend I went snorkeling, that's right....snorkeling, with a couple of co-workers. Annie and Scott (both co-workers who are also engaged, as well as Cassi, which we decided would be my date since her husband is out of town and frankly, I'm not attached). Anyways, apparently there is a place called SeaBase here in Utah with a man-made bay-thing. Well the website looked awesome so I was looking forward to a decent place. When we showed up... we started to laugh. It was the smallest place ever! There are like 3 little pool areas which were pretty meerky since it's not in sand (like usual) but in lake type mud. We were there for a good 30 mins and had not seen ONE fish! Finally we got fed up and were just talking when we realized the fish were coming to us and they WERE actually there, just hard to see. After a while HUGEEE fish were swimming around us. All three of us girls (or Stooges) were screaming! It was hilarious! One of us would scream which would set off another and etc. After a while we got used to them being around us. Cassi (the noobie) even became a little but more brave than Annie and I. Scott just laughed at us the whole time. I'll include some pictures.
And lastly, at work I had the kids write down an APPROPRIATE song that they feel is special to them or can relate to. They handed them in to me and I'm planning on doing an activity with it. These kids rarely get to listen to music, and if they do, it's usually just whatever is on the radio and not their choice. They have to guess who's fav song they think it is and write down lyrics they like and ways they relate to each song. I'm HOPING it will give them another way of self-soothing, learn more about their peers, express themselves through music and maybe even realize how similar they are to eachother rather than try to express how different they are from EVERYONE in the world.
Here is the list I have (of course excluding names for confidentiality):
*also I'm putting a * by the songs I particularly like a lot!:
*1. "Play Crack the Sky" by Brand New
2. "No One" by Alicia Keys
3. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
4. "Suddenly" by Superchick
*5. "On Your Porch" by The Format (MY CHOICE!)
*6. "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd
7. "Surfin' USA" by Aaron Carter
8. "What would you do" by The City High
9. "The Zepher Song" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. "Three Cheers for Five Years" by Mayday Parade
*11. "Rise Above This" by Seether
12. "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley
*13. "Scientist" by Coldplay

I'm doing this activity tomorrow... we'll see how it goes...
What would be your song?? And Why?

2 comments:

Madison said...

Meerky? REALLY TUB? You've been in Utah MUCH too long.

And just to give in to your little music game... I pick "MONEY!" by The Flying Lizards. Oh yes, listen and learn...

"The best things in life are free.
But you can give them to the birds and bees. I want money!

You love gives me such a thrill.
But your love won't pay my bills!
I want money!

Money don't get everything it's true. But what it don't get I can't use! I want money!"

Now do I reallllly have to explain this one? I think it pretty much speaks for itself and its representation of moi. Mmmmm money!

robyn said...

you're so hot. and really, anything i say at this point cannot top madison's brilliant comment.