Monday, March 31, 2008

Festival of Colors!






I met up with some people at the festival of colors last weekend. The Festival of Colors is a Hindu tradition when some evil lady was killing innocent people, then the god Vishnu burned her at the stake. Thats the SUPER short version. Well every year at the Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork, UT, they have a bonfire and a dummy in effigy of the lady. When the bonfire is lit, everyone throws bags of color at eachother to celebrate. Well. it just so happened that I was RIGHT in front of the bonfire, and all CHAOS broke loose! I got lost from my friends for a good 15 mins because you couldnt see ANYTHING! I had color tossed in my face a couple times which wasn't too fun cause I couldn't see for those 15 mins. None the less, it was SO FUN! Here are some pictures and a video I grabbed and some pictures I took myself.

1 comment:

robyn said...

oh i love this! so many colors! i had so so so much fun with you! before and after!